6.14.2010

Hannah's First Camping Trip

At the end of April we decided to go on a mountain biking/camping trip with the members of my family who still live in Utah. Originally the plan was to go to Moab, but thanks to unpredictable weather Moab ended up being way too cold for camping that weekend. So we decided at the last minute to head down to St. George where the weather was supposed to be more reasonable. The last minute change in plans made the beginning of our trip a little rough. Jake and I found a campground that still had spots available, but we got there just after they had locked the gates for the night. After driving around St. George for an hour trying to find a hotel room (the Iron Man race was that same weekend and all the rooms were full) we finally found a place to stay. We were able to get into the campground the next morning, and the rest of the trip was a lot of fun.

We spent a day mountain bikinig. Two of my sisters are pregnant, so they and my mom stayed back and watched the kids. I ended up being the only girl. Luckily the trail we chose had different skill level options, so  the boys were able to do their crazy tricks, and I happily stayed on the easy trail.

Here are all the boys. I was really impressed with how fearless my dad was and how well he kept up with the others.

Here we all are after our ride.

This was Hannah's first camping trip. She loved being outside and exploring everything.
We spent part of another day hiking to some lava caves. Hannah loved being in her carrier.  
Here is the whole group minus my mom who was taking the picture.


This is a picture of my sister Heather inside the cave with the opening behind her.

I think we sufficiently wore Hannah out. I felt bad she looked so uncomfortable. Her cousin Weston decided to copy her and pretend to be asleep. It was pretty funny.

The boys were desperate to watch the Jazz playoff game one night, so we all jammed into a hotel room for the evening and crowded around the TV. We went swimming and stayed long enough to watch the game and then headed back to camp that night to sleep. 


Here is Hannah in her "bed" in the tent. She had a rough time falling asleep the first night, but did really well taking her naps and sleeping through the night during the rest of the trip.




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love the picture of all of you inside the tent. Hannah has such a cute grin on her face!

The Caldwells said...

the picture of you guys peeking out of the tent is so cute. i love it!