8.08.2010

Wasatch Back

At the end of June Jake and I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay with some other members of my family. One of the funnest things about this race was the training we did prior to it. It was fun to spend some quality time with Jake and Hannah in the mornings and to be working toward a goal together. It was also a good motivator to get rid of my pregnancy weight. Hannah was usually our alarm clock bright and early in the mornings and then we would head out with her in her jogging stroller. 
The actual race was also a ton of fun. Jake did it last year also, but this was my first time.  One of my favorite parts was running in the pitch black at midnight up a mountain pass. Even though it was up-hill it felt relaxing and peaceful.
The total distance of the race was 188 miles, which is split between 12 runners. I ran a total of 12 miles and Jake ran 16. Our team ran the relay in 32 hours.



Our van members:
me

Jake

Scott (Jake giving him water)

Ben (Scott giving him water)

Aunt Carolyn

Uncle Doug

This is Jake running at about 1:00 a.m. He is all geared up with his reflective vest and headlamp.
Our team truck

Trying to get some sleep. We got a total of 2 hours that night.


Our entire team at the end of the race


Hannah was there to meet us at the end.

No comments: