10.31.2007

Award Winning Chili....Well ALMOST

Tonight was our annual ward trunk r' treat and chili cook-off. We had a lot of fun handing out candy to the kids and seeing their costumes. But the highlight by far was the chili cook-off. This was my first attempt at cooking chili, and really I had no idea how much effort it took and how much fun it would be. I found a receipe online and then adapted it by adding things and taking things out (like the beer). It took about an hour of prep time and two hours to cook. It was yummy....but apparently the judges would have rather that I left the beer in!! I lost by one clove of garlic...whatever that means!!

Tonight also gave us another chance to don our cute halloween costumes. Bev made them from literally nothing and we were able to wear them to the Homer Family Halloween Party. She did such a great job. I don't think there is a cuter hot dog in the world! Really this was such a great costume.....because it meant I got to hold her all night long. Obviously, I was the bun, fully equipped with mustard and ketchup.

1 comment:

Marissa Marie said...

What creative costumes! I still remember Bev's girl on a goose was it? costume. It was so cute. Love the pics.