1.14.2010

My Sister Missionary



My little sister Megan left the MTC this last Monday and arrived in the mission field: Orlando, Florida. She sent a short email along with this picture to let us know she arrived safely. It was so fun to talk to her on the phone while she was at the airport waiting for her flight to leave. Talking to her brought back a lot of fun mission memories. In some ways I miss those days when you could spend the whole day serving and teaching others and learning the gospel, and the only big decisions to make were which street to go tracting on. I guess in some ways my life is back to the simplicity of that: serving and teaching Hannah all day and deciding what to make for dinner:) Megan is going to be such a wonderful missionary. We are so excited for this opportunity she has to teach and bless others for the next 18 months.

2 comments:

ang said...

Reminds me of when my sis served a mission. It is wonderful to hear their stories about serving and sharing their testimony. Definitely a blessing for the entire family.

I was just looking at a few of your recent blogs...your daughter is absolutely adorable and beautiful and precious and...! So much fun!

mindy said...

I can't believe Megan has already left the MTC. She is going to be an awesome missionary!!